Know the Status of Your Roof With an Inspection
Do you honestly know the status of your roofing system? If you’re like the average homeowner, then the answer to that is no. Most of us really don’t know that there’s a problem until we see an active leak or even shingles on the ground. But by then, it might be too late to do anything to save your roofing system.
This is why every local roofing company, including DR Roofing Inc., will recommend investing in regular maintenance and inspections. For most systems, your roof should be inspected at least twice a year, during the fall and the spring. Severe summer weather and winter conditions can both have detrimental effects on your roofing system, which means that the perfect time for inspections is after these seasons.
The Roof Inspection Process
When you work with DR Roofing Inc., we’ll follow a step-by-step roof inspection process. This involves the following:
- Reviewing any previous repairs. Since old repairs often are more prone to issues, we’ll inspect those areas.
- Look for any loose, missing or broken portions. Your shingles are subject to all types of weather. Extreme winds, for example, can loosen or bend shingles. We’ll determine if there are any sections that need to be repaired.
- Active leaks. Typically, your attic will show signs of water intrusion if there’s an active leak. We’ll also look for any water stains or signs of mold or mildew growth.
- Review the flashing. Flashing covers any place where there’s a gap. Rusty, torn or loose flashing needs to be replaced to prevent leaks.
- Verify that the gutters and downspouts aren’t clogged. If they are, water can back up and penetrate the roofing materials.
Schedule a Roof Inspection Today!
Don’t wait until your roofing system is beyond repair. Schedule an inspection today with our local roofing company so we can fix any minor issues before they become worse. Call us at (519)-350-5678, or you can fill out our online form.